Adding rca out to balanced tube buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a balanced tube buffer and I want to add rca outs to feed my subs. From the research I've done it appears the best way is to use transformers. Is this the way to get best SQ? What brand of transformer will give best SQ? Also as I'm a bit of a beginner a how would I wire them up?

I talk with a tube guy that works for the company that owns Jensen Transformers and he said that I don't need a transformer to add RCAs to my buffer as it's a push pull design with no transformers or op amps. So that all I need is to add a 2.2k resister from the + on the rca to ground and a 6.8k resister from the - on the rca to ground.

An adapter won't work in my situation because I'm not converting to rcas, but adding rcas in addition to the xlrs.

Thanks for the info.

mikeeastman said:
So that all I need is to add a 2.2k resister from the + on the rca to ground and a 6.8k resister from the - on the rca to ground.
An RCA does not have + or -, and if it did you don't want to ground both connections.

If your preamp has biphase outputs (i.e. not true balanced) then just connect the RCA inner to one of them (+) and connect the RCA outer to the output signal ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.