Adding internal resonantor to back loaded horn?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently tested the vintage Klinger 12" horn. With the right driver, in my case Beyma G320, I get a output of 35-130 Hz +/- 3dB measured at the mouth opening using Omnimic. However there is a large peak at 85-90 Hz that I would like to knock down 4-5 dB. Would a internal helmholz resonator do it? How critical is the placement of IHR in the horn path? The ones I have seen have the IHR at the driver or at least pretty close to the start of the pipe.

Photobucket is currently down so I can not add any images, however, if you take a look at Doctor Boar; DIY loudspeakers and HiFi for pictures of the horn, drawings, driver and measured curves.:D

Hi DrBoar,

One article that comes to mind is by E. Jakulis, TQWT Design Example: "...This article on the effects of Helmholtz resonators in TQWT design by E. Jakulis was brought about by an active discussion with Filippo Punzo." You might want to google it.

At the bottom of the Reply to Thread page is a Manage Attachments box, click on that, and you can add pictures to your Post.

Regards,

Here is the drawing of the horn and the response of the Beyma Driver

Attachments

• KLINGERschmacks3.JPG
    KLINGERschmacks3.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 134
  • beymaG320-mouth.jpg
    beymaG320-mouth.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 130
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.