Adding a SPDIF Output to a CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a mangavox CDB 500, with the famous Philips 4/19 transport and the 1543 R2R dac. While the transport is amazing, the DAC section han't been that great, and was looking at options to bypass the internal dac.

I can see that the TDA1543 gets an I2S input, but given that it has 4x oversampling, i assume that FS is 176.4Khz, and the MCLK from the controller works out to around 48Fs.
Most of the chips that can help me are of the surface mount variety, and was looking at achieving spdif out using a readymade board,
Digitale Interface I2S vers SPDIF BNC WM8804 - Audiophonics
Looks like this is where i should start, but WM8804 does not seem to accept an MCLK of 48fs, so it looks like the one from the CD player will not work.

This board looks like it can generate its own mclk if you solder a crystal on board, or am i better off getting an asrc module like Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter Upsampling Module CS8421 32Bit/192kHz - Audiophonics

Thank you!

Last edited:
Buffer:

Attachments

• TTL to coax.gif
    TTL to coax.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 362
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.