Adcom GFP-750 -Needs Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings All,

I have an Adcom GFP-750 that I bought used in about 2000. I have used it sparingly since. Recently I moved some things around and when I reconnected everything only the passive mode of the preamp will work. I know that would be fine to the purist but I am more of a mid-fi guy and I actually prefer the more robust sound that I get from the "processed" signal. Anyway while trying to find a reputable repair center I came upon this place and have read some posts regarding upgrades and the such. I guess I want to know whom would you recommend to repair the unit and if I should consider any upgrades during the process. Also what should I expect to pay for these services as I have no idea.

Thanks, Eric

recips,

My guess would be a mechanical problem and not an electrical failure, probably a switch. I'm not sure where you would go about getting it repaired though. Try actuating the rotary and toggle switches several times in active mode, like 20 - 30X and see if you get one or both channels back. If it comes back for a split second while actuating one of the switches and then goes away or if the sound comes back and stays back then that is your problem switch. If you are lucky as I have been many times in the past this will identify your problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.