• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Active filter board GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gengis,

this board

- is half the size if you only need a two way.
- will likely cost less, unless you need a four way, then it's probably about a wash. MOXlites were $8 a board (IIRC) and these are just a hair bigger. I'm not sure about MOXLite quantity, though.
- has a Linkwitz transform that can also do dipole EQ
- has allpass section
- includes power supply and regulation (just add transformers)

Active filter 1

- One board solution for 3-4 ways
- more EQ possibilities

Both boards are NOT intended as prototyping tools. With double sided construction and jam packed layouts, changes after construction will be difficult.

Jens may have further insights once he wakes up. I will be incommunicado for most of the day tomorrow

I think I spot a mistake in the schematic

To me, it looks like the line that connects the HPF and LPF sections should be connected to Pin 2 of JP8, instead of Pin 1 of JP8. The reason I say this is that if JP8 is set for 2nd Order (Pins 2 and 3 shorted), then the LPF section is still getting the 4th Order output from IC5B.

Can somebody else double-check this for me?

--Greg

Re: I think I spot a mistake in the schematic

gmikol said:
To me, it looks like the line that connects the HPF and LPF sections should be connected to Pin 2 of JP8, instead of Pin 1 of JP8. The reason I say this is that if JP8 is set for 2nd Order (Pins 2 and 3 shorted), then the LPF section is still getting the 4th Order output from IC5B.

Can somebody else double-check this for me?

--Greg

You are right - thanks :)

\Jens

Pricing is in. The boards will cost $5.50 or less each, probably not under $5 to allow for shipping cost to me and paypal fees.

Advanced Circuits is offering a substantial discount for orders placed by tomorrow. I will go out on a limb a bit and order a run for four week delivery with enough extras to allow some spares for lost in shipment boards and a few for latecomers. Leftover funds will be donated to DIYaudio.com.

I offered Jens his boards for free as a thank you for all he has contributed here (this will be my third Jens board). He refused, intending ot pay for them. I propose that we vote him down and send him the boards (there will be no impact on pricing for us)

Please update the WIKI with your desired quantity so I can order enough.

Off coarse you should send him his boards for free.

I see the number of boards has past the 200 mark which means a 1000$ advance on your part. Let us know asap how and when to pay.

btw.
Has anybody thought about which op-amps to use?
They must be low noise,unity gain stable and for the output buffer
preferrably able to drive say a 600 Ohm load.
Also they must be available in DIL-8 and not to costly considering the numbers used.

kro5998

Digikey pricing at 1000 pieces - the next break is at 5000, and not nearly as significant.

LM6172 - $1.92
OPA2134 - $1.37
NE5532 - $.37

The "audiophile grade" parts are attractive at those prices (roughly half what you'd pay buying 25 or so) if someone wants to do a group buy.

BOARDS ARE $5 each

Please send me an email through the board with subject line "Active Filter Boards", the body should include your DIYAudio name, real name and contact information. I will send you my paypal address. (Not you Jens, I have your address)

When you order, please include shipping cost and note the quantity of boards ordered in the paypal comments.

BobEllis said:
Digikey pricing at 1000 pieces - the next break is at 5000, and not nearly as significant.

LM6172 - $1.92
OPA2134 - $1.37
NE5532 - $.37

The "audiophile grade" parts are attractive at those prices (roughly half what you'd pay buying 25 or so) if someone wants to do a group buy.

I sent Jan AND Jens a set of the KSA-50 klone PCB's that Jan designed... It is the LEAST we can do for thier time and effort.

I'm in for an op-amp GB...

I haven't noticed grainy sound with any of the filters I have used, even those made with the good old NE5532.

Note that the extra features LT, All pass, notches can be included only if you need them. Minimum is 4 opamps in the signal path with a 2nd order filter.

Op-amp GB sounds like a good idea here, too. Even the break at qty. 100 would make it worthwhile (e.g. for OPA2134 $2.63 for qty. 1 and $1.57 for qty. 100).

One question: It seems that in general, unstuffed PCB's are not subject to tariff, but what about IC's...would there need to be a USA/Canada GB and then a EU GB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.