Acoustic vent for midrange driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I wrote a long reply that got lost in cyberspace due to diyaudio backup.

You should definitely get a mic, and make a jig to measure impedance! :)

AGREE, I had long replies also lost in cyber space before; very annoying!

Now I have even more incentive; my current project ( 3 1/2 way with sub... ); I have a brand new issue in my Aperiodic woofer box...More stuffing and damping materials on the way. Basically; I have a room mode around 40 Hz. When I do sweeps and test tones on the new box; 37 Hz to about 55 Hz is strong but not overly so; then from about 55 to 65 Hz; I have a deep null; maybe 6 dB down. Above that; the level goes back up. The box size should give me a Qtc of almost exactly 0.707 without stuffing; damping; flow resistors, etc. I blocked the flow resistor while playing a pure, 60 Hz sine wave...ZERO difference. Blocking the Aperiodic vent didn't make a difference at 60 Hz; next I will block it for all frequencies and just listen. A mic and impedance measurement and other test and measurement tools next on the list. I do need to finish with the damping and stuffing. I made it so this is all easily removable so I have plenty of flexibilty...If you care to follow along; see my separate thread as given above...3 1/2 way...

Thanks, you helped convince me I need REAL measurements!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.