Acoustat panels on Servo amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am running 3-panel X's (2-9" and 1-8") 5-wire with basically stock Servo amps and am very pleased. I recently bought a pair of 3's with 3-wire panels to use on the servos because my X's have no frames and are quite unattractive. I have disconnected the MK interfaces and wired the panels to the Servo amps exactly like the X's but the sound is very off. The 3's appear to work okay with the MK interfaces but not nearly as nice as my X's although I do not have an ideal amp to power them. The 3's play at proper listening levels when connected to the servo amps and the frequency response is not compressed but the music is lifeless and the texture of the instruments is gone. Also, the bass is distorted. I am looking for ideas on why there is such a stark difference in the sound as I was told the pre-Spectra panels are interchangeable. Can it be the 3 vs. 5 wire? Any wisdom that can be shared would be appreciated. Also, I have played with the straight vs. curved patterns of the panels and that is not the reason for the difference, at least not the difference I am referring to. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.