Acoustat mk-2123 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have 2 of these. one works and sounds fine and one distorts at higher volume.i just put my meter across the red and blk terminals and on the good one it reads around 4 ohms.on the distorted one it reads 2 ohms.i also just blew a channel in the receiver that was driving the distorted one. question? why is the bad unit only reading 2 ohms? im sure this is what blew my receivers channel.do i have a bad transformer or cap? Help??

Joined 2011
i have 2 of these. one works and sounds fine and one distorts at higher volume.i just put my meter across the red and blk terminals and on the good one it reads around 4 ohms.on the distorted one it reads 2 ohms.i also just blew a channel in the receiver that was driving the distorted one. question? why is the bad unit only reading 2 ohms? im sure this is what blew my receivers channel.do i have a bad transformer or cap? Help??

You want this guy.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/acoustatanswerman.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.