acoustat 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soundlab interface.......

Here a pic of the older soundlab interface....an this is the crossover for the toroidal high frc crossover...thats moded out.......as with the Acoustat C mod.........eats power like king kong.....but with the older SS amps C mod help some ....some say a lot....but it a crossover C mod was for the Amp...not the panel....the A is for the panel an the best sound at the time...an still better than most!.........C not need to day......
well{ not by me!}
So dont get all freaky on me now...this is the best sound i have got out of any ESl.....sound like quad 57 in a lot of way.....that a big deal ....for me...
i have done every thing to the Acoustat 121 interfaces... but pump them in my vanes.......An yes i have had the soundlabs...to much panel..to drive with any amp i can live with.....
long live Acoustats......goodluck

Attachments

• sound_lab_a-3_backplate_parts_id[1].jpg
    sound_lab_a-3_backplate_parts_id[1].jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 86
  • crossover-15B15D[1].jpg
    crossover-15B15D[1].jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 81
Pot!......most take it out ...say it sounds better.....but then some take all this out...it lets one drive the SL with tube amps an anyother amp as i see it...this is like the Acoustat C crossover mod...with a coil added....to get the best base an over all best sound..... just set the Acoustats up like the SL....know res in the Mixers...just caps...this is key!.....goodluck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.