about the OEM speaker ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
oem is just the same but with no specs so that you cant copy there box design that it came out of.. eg

oem lg burner at my work comes with oem burning software and bare drive

retail is drive books cables instructions and free cd's

not much diff if ya ask a computer geek but a ordarnary person will hate it.. hehe

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Most speaker manufacturers don't build their own drivers. That is done by the OEM (original equipment manufacturer). The units can be stock if the manufacturer is only buying a few drivers, a modification of a stock driver (ie: i have some PSB labeled Vifa P17s that have different specs from ones you can buy), a new driver based on available parts (ie Shiva -- OEM is Eminence), or a completely proprietry (ie Jordan -- Vifa is now the OEM).

dave

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Billy:

Do you know the make and model number of the speaker the driver came out of?

If you do, then you can look up the speaker-or Email the manufacturer-and find out how big a box, (and what type-ported or closed), the speaker was in. This will tell you a lot about how the speaker will work in any box you plan to build.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Badger:

I am not certain what you are asking. Are you looking to replace a specific driver in a certain commercially made speaker, or are you planning to build your own unit from scratch?

Normally, OEM speakers are ordered by the speaker manufacturer in bulk. Are you planning to start a line of speakers?

Here is a URL that might do you some good anyway:
www.bkelec.com

Audax speakers are often available in the UK cheaper than elsewhere. Maplin has some models:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/

If these are not what you need, let us know what you are trying to do specifically.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.