About 12v trigger use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From my experience, if you have a 12V trigger output on one device and 12V trigger input on the other one - connect them with 3.5mm jack cable and it works seamlessly.

However, some manufacturers use a different standard. For example, Audiolab 8000x7 has got a trigger input, that requires the trigger input pins to be shorted for switching it on. 12V will not work in this case. I used a small hermetic 12V relay to convert 12V signal to the shorted trigger input in that case.

Thanks.

Receiver is Marantz sr 7007 with 2 "dc out (dc 12v 150ma max) " outputs, and power amp rotel RB 1080 with " 12v trigger in and out".

So can I use a mono jack 3.5 cable to link? not try yet, they are in the stands. I am first figuring out the principle now.

Thanks again.

It seems working good. The power amp can be turned on and off with the receiver.

One question, the power amp should be always in power-on state, I shouldnot power off the amp completely. is this right?

Thanks.

That's right, it stays in "standby" mode when off (no 12V at its trigger input).
Normally, power consumption is rather low in standby, so nothing to worry about.

Most likely, you switch off your receiver with the IR remote - in this case it's also in standby, waiting for your "on" signal from the remote.

That's right, it stays in "standby" mode when off (no 12V at its trigger input).
Normally, power consumption is rather low in standby, so nothing to worry about.

Most likely, you switch off your receiver with the IR remote - in this case it's also in standby, waiting for your "on" signal from the remote.

Ok, I see. very happy with your help. thank you very much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.