A simple solid state mosfet amplifier...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm really new on this helpful forum ... :)

I'd like to build an easy power amplifier diy for my cd player with remore vol. control...
can you help me pls ?
I saw something interesting on a site named "aussieamplifier"...do you know it ?
Some one built it ?

Thank you for help... :)

Welcome !
I suggest you to get acquainted with the forum a bit, read the rules, and use the "search" button freely ;)
Google is your friend also :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=aussieamplifier&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

This forum is full of good amps and you can't expect straightforward answer if you don't specify what exactly do you want (power rating, type of speakers you want to drive etc.)
The more specific your questions are, the better answers you'll get.
Have a nice stay here :)

Thanks, you very kind guy :)

I'd like to drive a pair of Chario Hyper 2000 T ( 8 ohm, about 4 ohm min. ), so I think a true 100W - 120W rms ( good quality I mean..) is enough for my room ( 5 x 4,5 mt)...I like mosfet sound, and I found this, looking on this days..

http://www.aussieamplifiers.com/nxv300.htm

It's an Holton project, I think it fits to my needs... quite simple to wire i think but a little expensive if added to his PSU...but maybe it worths..what d y think ?
Is there some thread for aussieampli in the forum ?

Spassiba !

url]

That size of a room with approximately 90dB speakers, 100watts would drive them with additional headroom I would think. I will suggest this and I hope I don't get in trouble or anything, cross forum contamination. It is an awesome amplifier and should be more than capable of driving your speakers. Ultra wide bandwidth, low distortion, laughs at most speaker loads (sometimes giggles), and all FET's as per your request. It is about 25watts but can push some serious current if needed.

Just a thought, and welcome, enjoy your audio journey, once here you are in very good hands!

Cheers

James

Attachments

• first watt f5 amplifier.jpg
    first watt f5 amplifier.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,091
Thanks so much for the kind indications...:)
On this time I saw so many interestings diy project...but I decided to buy a "national" ready to use module, this one:

http://www.amplimodules.com/2/products_639520.html

this amplimodule PW120 claims an audiophile degree of audio performance :) let's see... I will receive it next week.
For my pockets is a little expensive, I hope will working honestly.
As supply filter first I'll try with a pair of 15,000uF Elna cerafine I have...
Anybody knows a good "antibump" or protection delay simple circuit ?
The amplifier pw120 have a 5V onboard relay, maybe can be controlled by the delay circuit ;)

Hi !
Well I received on monday the amplimodule pw120...
I forgot to discharge the 15,000uF elna before connect them to the amplifier then... DISASTER !
They were still charge after minimum a month of non use !!!
I made a big sparkle ! :-(

Fortunately then I prayed and checked the PW120 and just a 6,3A fast fuse was blowed... so I changed it and tried to connect the module to a only 50W trafo to check if the module was still working...and it was !
I measured the quiescent current on both rails and was about 230 mA... so connected to the 500VA trafo and to preamp and speakers... WOW !
I must say I was really surprised for the trasparence, speed, detail and bass impact of this amplimodules.. :)
And better was after a couple of hours when it was a little warmer...very "liquid" and natural sound.
Maybe I will buy the PS module too...but they are a little too expensive to my pockets..

The only disappointing things is that the modules were sent without the female plugs for connecting the signal cable and the relais cable, so I had to solder the cable straight ti the input pins... contacting the amplimodules.com they said I can buy the plugs to Rs components...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.