A New Use For That Mp3 And Mini Disc Input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many years ago I bought a cheap 300 watt amp made in china for $50.

Along with it I bought a wedge shaped two way truck/hatchback box loaded with 10's and piezo tweeters.

Around the same time I bought my first electric guitar pedal. At this point I had a loooooooot of adapters.

To make a long story short I plugged the DOD Death Metal Pedal straight into the amp and unleashed hell from above, bellow, beneath and even somewhere within.......

Anyway I eventually graduated up to an EQ with a CD player input which I would jack my ZOOM 505 straight into......man all I can say is HOLY ****!!!

Pumping it through my moddest system at that time it was still as loud as a full stack rig.

Now I have a decent JVC MP3 CD player. I reluctantly plugged straight into it with the 7 year old ZOOM 505 and what do you know it kicked ***!
I don't like it as much as plugging into an EQ for obvious reasons but man it still kicks ***!

Best part is you can plug in in stereo. What's even better is you are using the processors output for headphones so the impedance level is safe

I have a Digitech RP-80 I can link up with the ZOOM. This gives me my drum machine and a much better sound by blending the two processors distortion.

I have some advice if you are going to do this. Sound wise cut a lot of high frequencies out of the stereo system. This is why I prefer plugging into an EQ.
Secondly the EQ is less likely to be overloaded by the signal coming from your guitar processor.
Bottom line is the processor is simply a preamp system and you can jack it straight into the amp safely or straight into an EQ which will run to all your amps, rather than just one.

Watch out for feedback, when testing it out the first time keep your EQ and volume settings WAY low on your processor so you don't blow your speakers and BE PREPAIRED for a MAJOR sound increase in general.

Your stereo will be 5 times louder with such a raw signal. I can set the volume output on my processors really low but the sound is still richer, fuller and physically more powerful than the stereo playing music.

If both were compaired at 60 decibels I can guarantee the guitar would still SEEM MUCH louder.
It's because the high impedance strength of the signal produced by the guitar gear. The soudwaves are fuller, larger, more accurate and defined.......a greater distortion curve too, like tube amps!

Give it a try

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.