a new power supply for Z#9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mean that good is good enough.

You haven't succeeded in calculating a choke supply with Duncan's punch and go toy, your second move is to make it more difficult.
Build something the normal way and learn as you go along, save a bit more complicated for the second project.
Do not take 10 steps at a time as members like Stefanoo do, it will lead nowhere but dissapointment.

I reckon most overhere regard CLC as sufficient.

jacco vermeulen said:
I mean that good is good enough.

You haven't succeeded in calculating a choke supply with Duncan's punch and go toy, your second move is to make it more difficult.
Build something the normal way and learn as you go along, save a bit more complicated for the second project.
Do not take 10 steps at a time as members like Stefanoo do, it will lead nowhere but dissapointment.

I reckon most overhere regard CLC as sufficient.

with 96dB speakers, CLC is adequate, if you go past 100dB speakers, AFAIK the only ticket for a ZV9 to remain silent is regulated supply.....

But as Jacco just said, keep it simple.....build yourself a ZV1 as a first project, PCB's can be had from audio express, it's simple and well documented. Once you got that up and running, and understand what it's doing, to convert it to a ZV9 is a walk in the park ;)

Magura :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
To keep it simple, this is the easy and cheap solution for the inductor:

http://uk.farnell.com/1191495/passives/product.us0?sku=SCHAFFNER-RN152-10-02

:)

BTW the original Zen9 circuit is sporting a "sort of" capacitance multiplier that cleans the supply rails. A CLC supply is not really necessary.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggg........

that's AC choke .

:rofl:

btw - Jaccovitty is grumpy today ..........

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gionag said:
sometimes i don't fully understand what do you talking about !! :D

anyway, it's a good or a bad think an input CHOKE ?

sketch what you think ;

when you say - "cap input filter" that means that cap is connected after graetz , from + to gnd - AS FIRST element in filter

when you say "choke input filter", that means that choke is connected after graetz , from + to gnd , AS FIRST element in filter ;

if you still insist on series choke ( as I read somewhere up the thread , you are lookin' for trouble .

download PSU from Duncan's and read help ;

then you'll learn something , and then you can ask .......... without running in circles ;

everyone here is willing to help, but you must do your homework .

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
gionag said:
anyway, it's a good or a bad think an input CHOKE ?

The input choke, that is to say a choke in series with the AC
part of the circuit, will improve the power factor of the amplifier's
usage of the AC line by lowering the peak AC current and
extending the duration of the charge time.

At the same time, it will result in less DC voltage on the
secondary system, so it's an ideal way to drop the DC voltage
down to a lower value when you are running a constant draw
(Class A).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.