• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A group-build project for a tube power amp in India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nebucanazza said:
Well well....another forumite looking for the 18W magic

Even Mohammed Ansar can send you his 18W custom designed PT and OT, which he made for his amp.

thanks for the specs. I currently use a Studio 15 with the Vintage 30 mated to a Lead 12 with the G10 this gives me the tone I want.

Now you got me thinking, maybe I build 2 amps one with Ansar's trannies and one with Miracle's!

nebucanazza said:
I forgot to add..Ansar carries all the popular Celestions too.

Not the G12 M20Watt. He does carry the Vintage 30 which is what I'll get if I cant find anything else. The Greenback (which he has in stock) is not the same speaker as the G12 M20. I have heard the Greenback and much prefered the sound of the similarly priced Eminence 12 instead.

nebucanazza said:
Yup..that is the website. Just send them the specs and you can have the trannies without leaving your room.

Yup did the same for the power trannies for my EL34.

Cool.... where did you buy the Studio 15?

I am trying to acquire a Warehouse Reaper(G12H30 clone) from the US. I am currently collecting the parts for the amp, I plan to build a head and a 1x12 cab. All I have built till now are a few effects pedals so this is my first taste of valve circuitry.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a custom Al chassis and faceplate made in Bangalore? What kind of prices can I expect for something with dimensions 3mm Thick, 2.5" (H) x 12" (L) x 6.5" (W)? I am in the process of collecting parts for my Marshall 18W and almost everything else is accounted for.

Hi

I have got a steel chassis and face plate made locally-got someone who did sheet metal work for some UPS mfrs to make it for me. This was about 5-6 years ago, don't remember the cost. It now houses a solid state AKSA amp, 55 wpc with Nirvana upgrade.

Dont have any idea about aluminium sheet metal work, unfortunately.

George

nebucanazza said:
What kind of prices can I expect for something with dimensions 3mm Thick, 2.5" (H) x 12" (L) x 6.5" (W)? I am in the process of collecting parts for my Marshall 18W and almost everything else is accounted for.

I too got my chassis made of steel. Dont remember the price though so it cant be much. If it had been expensive I would have noted it.

12-1500 I think..Sheet metal guys( at least small fry) normally work with steel, and getting them to do a one of is a lot easier. I have a valve preamp(Grounded Grid by Transcendent Sound) that uses brushed aluminium) which is a lot lighter, and also looks nicer than the steel box. I'm sure that if you hunt around you should find someone who will do it in aluminium.

nebucanazza said:

I researched quite a bit on the forum as well as manufacturer sites and dug out the original specs of the RS OT posted in some old thread at 18watt. Even Mohammed Ansar can send you his 18W custom designed PT and OT, which he made for his amp.

Mr. Ansar is quite busy now. He told me he has to make 5 amps in 2 days!

Well I told him the next 5 amps are mine! :) HA HA HA

I sent him the PT and OT specs you posted here. Thanks.

Saw them posted here too
http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20321

BEL Transmitting Tubes

Hi!

Does any body know where I can get data sheets of BEL Receiving Tubes or any body have their equivalent chart.

I would like to know the specs of BEL 135.

I checked out their web site but they have specs of BEL 400 and above.

Thanks in advance.

navin said:

Mr. Ansar is quite busy now. He told me he has to make 5 amps in 2 days!

Well I told him the next 5 amps are mine! :) HA HA HA

I sent him the PT and OT specs you posted here. Thanks.

Saw them posted here too
http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20321

That requires registration to be viewed. Can you post those jpgs here?

Good to hear that Ansar is being kept busy..looks like there is a demand for tube amps in India after all!

Diy abroad

In India, the postal service is not bad at all. It is the customs duty etc which sometimes makes it too expensive to import. That has been the problem for Indian DIYers otherwise there is no problem for Indians to order from sites like ebay. The Indian ebay does not stock DIY audio stuff.

Vivek
------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently started learning electronics.

Instead of ordering from abroad, I require somebody who will help me in Hyderabad with electronic circuits.

Thanks.

Sanjeev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.