8" subwoofer recommendation please

Thanks. The enclosure is pre cut for two 8" subs by polk audio. The map blew so i replaced with a bk electronics amp.

The whole thing is old and the subs are worn so am looking really to refurbish the whole thing.

The limiting factor is the small subs, am thinking of sealing over the front baffle board and loading a larger sub onto the side of the enclosure which looks like it can take a 15"

Thanks.

Unfortunatly i am limited to 8" drivers, these are going to fit into a polk audio enclosure which has the front baffle board already cut for two 8" drivers.

The theory is that large drivers have a large heavy cone, which because of its sheer mass moves more slowly that a smaller cone.
So small cones generally give a fast bass, and heavy cones give a lower but slower bass, that is the general idea not so sure of the actual science.
Polk audio use two 8" subs to give the speed of smaller subs, and with two drivers this gives increased cone area.
I am getting some distortion at high volumes using 4 ohm subs, maybe the amplifer panel does not like low impedance, so am going to try 8 ohms and listen if that distortion goes away.
Will report back. Can't find any information on the dayton audio sub, have you got the right model number.
The box is sealed but i do have a few bass ports in storage so should not be difficult to adjust. Just need to find an on-line calculator for the port dimensions.

home theatre active subwoofer
Any more sub recommendations please.
Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my factory 8" subwoofer (Honda CR-Z) with another 8".
The factory subwoofer enclosure is really tight that I will need an MDF ring to support the increased mounting depth.

Pioneer shallow 8" subwoofer seems to have very wide range of frequency and hits really low 20Hz-1400Hz but
I saw some comments that pioneer shallow subwoofers don't sound good in person.

Someone recommended 8" kicker instead but someone also said kicker isn't good.

I listen to various music like from jrock, orchestra, jazz, kpop, epic music, etc. I like strong and clean bass like hammer hitting, not fatty muddy bass.

I have two 4ohm amps that are 2ch or 4ch for the subwoofer hence 4ohm DVC subwoofer is welcome.

Could you recommend me a subwoofer that's under 200-300 RMS?

Thank you.