8 channel High end DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can do either. (I use a Mutec MC1.2 digital bridge) but you can make your own RCA to XLR cables using the following diagram.

Many thanks, much appreciated. I have done that for analogue audio before without issues but wasn't sure whether the Coax/RCA SPDIF data feed/format was the same as that expected by the AES input. If it is then that is an easy fix.

EDIT - sorry bad practice to answer your own post but this seems to explain the differences quite well - Interfacing AES3 and S/PDIF

Suggests SPDIF to AES data are the same in general (audio data the same format, sub header telling it which it is is different) and newer equipment should be able to work with either, older may not.

Last edited:
Many thanks, much appreciated. I have done that for analogue audio before without issues but wasn't sure whether the Coax/RCA SPDIF data feed/format was the same as that expected by the AES input. If it is then that is an easy fix.

EDIT - sorry bad practice to answer your own post but this seems to explain the differences quite well - Interfacing AES3 and S/PDIF

Suggests SPDIF to AES data are the same in general (audio data the same format, sub header telling it which it is is different) and newer equipment should be able to work with either, older may not.

Yes, I remember reading the Rane document when I was researching this, but I ended up going with this instead (which I can also highly recommend);
Mutec MC1.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.