737 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it; I've just spent all weekend trying to resolve a canbus error on my nephew's Ford Focus. The instrument cluster is an integral part of the bus and contains an IC that commonly breaks communications with the remainder of the car throwing random codes and preventing startup by setting the immobiliser. If there's no communication with the instruments IC the car won't start. I've resoldered the instrument cluster PCB (a common problem is dry joints) but no joy. Hours of testing wasted...Uncle Stuey didn't come through this time.

Which is in these times also the case with car engines.

If you push the throttle, all that does is send a torque request to the ECU. Everything after that is out of your control.

Jan

I just had to go to a local marina to look at/quote damages caused to another boat from my buddies 45’ Viking when the port side V692 (650HP each!) ECU decided to go full throttle when leaving the dock sending him straight into a fancy trawler of a transient couple.

Electronics just don’t belong in some places.......oh yah, replacement ECU/throttle solenoid parts $3500! Damages to other boat $8500. chances of happening with a old school throttle cable? Slim to none!

Can't imagine what could go wrong..

Attachments

• All-Access-Ship-Tour-Engine-Control-Room.jpg
    All-Access-Ship-Tour-Engine-Control-Room.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 200
Joined 2014
Paid Member
That’s how it’s done.

Agreed (and I have assumed Otto wasn't landing even if he is programmed for those conditions). The bit that I was having trouble getting my head around is that you have a leviathan of up to 300 Tonnes with a landing speed of IIRO 130knots. We had winds of 60+mph on saturday so ground speed could be as low as 80knots. Various perspectives are distorted by the long lens but that plane looked to be crabbed by about 30 degrees on touch down at which point it swings back straight fairly swiftly without bursting half the tyres or ripping off any landing gear.

Still much admiration for the Engineers who made it all to withstand that again and again and the pilots for the skill to make it look like just another day in the office. I just don't have the right stuff to comprehend how a landing like that could be anything but a brown trouser moment.

Then again I flew into St Louis once in horrendous winds and the pilot had the biggest grin as he saw us off. He obviously had enjoyed it.

Well there the fact that it weighs nearly 40,000 lbs and that’s what it takes to cruise 30knts

My old boat had twin cats with 700hp total.....it could only cruise 20knts, when your traveling 100 miles offshore 3+ hrs is a heck of a lot faster than 5+ hrs to get there!

And besides another feller I fish with has a 45 Cabo w/v10 Mann’s 1100hp each!
It cruises in the low 40’s.

All depends on how fast you wanna get there, and how much you wanna spend to do it.:D

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Status
Not open for further replies.