737 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into my crystal ball and this is what I see:

Boeing puts in various checks to ensure door plug bolts are always installed. Boeing also does not put in various checks for all the other stuff they don't bother checking.

Curious what the next incident will be. Hope nobody dies.

Reactions: 1 users
Not according to Boeing's CEO.
https://www.businessinsider.com/all...ed-from-airline-chiefs-for-the-737-max-2024-2

"CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes apologized. "We have let down our airline customers and are deeply sorry
for the significant disruption to them, their employees and their passengers," said Stan Deal.

"We are taking action on a comprehensive plan to bring these airplanes safely back to service and to improve our quality and delivery performance," he added. "We will follow the lead of the FAA and support our customers every step of the way." "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_AeroSystems

(Quote from the article):
"In August 2014 the Onex Group sold all of its remaining shares of Spirit. Over the course of the nine-year investment, the Onex Group received aggregate proceeds of approximately $3.2 billion on its initial $375 million investment."

That company has also been subject to speculation by outsiders, and maybe management is not paying attention.
We now are seeing the results.

From the same article (a month before the Alaska flight):

"In December 2023, an employee of Spirit AeroSystems filled out a class action in federal court against the company, alleging that former employees repeatedly warned about safety problems and were told to cover up systematic quality control failures, undercount defects, records falsification and retaliation against employees raising safety concerns."

This has one of my favorites starting halfway through, Miles O'Brien.
Geoff Bennet, talking to Miles: "Ed Pierson, the former Boeing senior manager I spoke with in that report, he said that he wouldn't fly a Boeing MAX plane under any circumstances, and he advises his family and friends against it as well."

Reactions: 3 users
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just seen this

Attachments

• IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.