• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6P15 / EL84 Sort of Para-Feed, Cathode-Drive, Hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I came across this in a Chinese article.
Google-translate from Chinese into English is pure rubbish so absolutely nothing from the article made any sense after translation.
Has anyone here done this kind of circuit ?
Do you have an opinion on whether or not it's a road to follow when you've had enough of traditional designs ?

rgds,

/tricomp

Attachments

• 6P15x2 Cathode Drive, Para-Feed.pdf
    499.2 KB · Views: 145
Not so new, is the old serial push pull with the bottom tube replaced by a transistor.It could function but I don't agree with all the values in that schematic, and no Rbe with those high voltages :eek: .Probably the reverse, tube at the bottom and a mosfet on top, will be better.
Mona

Attachments

• SerieSE.jpg
    SerieSE.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 122
Thanks Mona,

I realize it's a variant on the SRPP and I do understand it's working principle.
The Rbe could be added, and possibly should be.
I was fishing for opinions on how it may sound and if anyone here has a first-hand experience with it.
I suppose it'll be simple enough to set up a test-bed and find out.
I believe I have a few BUX82's around and they are probably not too far from the RCA 2N6673 to not make some kind of sense.
The original RCA's btw are still available from the 'Bay' ...at a price !!

rgds,

/tricomp

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.