• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N9S different versions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I've been trying to collect information regarding soviet version of the 6SL7 - 6H9S tubes. I have 10 different versions of soviet 6H9S and I have not idea which factory made some of them. Please visite this link with info and pictures of the tubes I got:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562167001PsmXZU

If you have any experience and information about soviet 6H9S I will be very happy to share experience and information.

Best regards

It's the brand, in every 5-10 years there is different design, with different materials. And every next variant have worse sounding :( There is and Chinese made, copyes to Russian tubes, they copy everithing - the logo too. But can't copy the sound :) The older (before '55) tubes sounds better than others...

it is not a secret that Moscow factory tube has very good sound and early metal base versions have better sound than other 6N9S. But I got fantastic tube (No.10 in list) which was made in 50 (3 tubes) and also in 70 (9 tubes) and this tube is sound perfect. I have tubes made by Sylvania, Mullard, RCA, Red Base ECC35 and etc and I can compare tubes and this soviet tube is the champion and very similar to ECC35 Mullard! Its interesting how the tubes made in 1978, 1976 and also in 1956 works perfect it should not work good!!! my friends in Belgium and USA received same results! In fact one factory (I don't know which) in former USSR produced very good tubes from 1950 till 1980! I am absolutely agree that Novosybirsk, Saratov, Samarkand tubies are fake - but Soviets has lot of surprises.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.