• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N16 12x preamp srpp/cathode follower with printed circuit board design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the one in the attachment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 790
Last weekend a view friends came over to my place to do a listening test.
I had lower the amplification factor of the tube buffer to 1x with a resistor at the input and used a switch to bypass the tubebuffer with a noemal signal wire.

Nobody could tell the difference between the tubebuffer or the signal wire.
This was a confirmation for me what i had notised before. This tubebuffer ad no coloration to the signal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 794
Nice little project, seen that schematic somewhere before...errors and all.

From my experience messing with this type of tube (6S6B = half 6N16B) I found that in reality the optimum THD result is obtained with anode voltages quite different to what you claim (Koifarm).

In fact, with B+ over 250V (as long as anode volts in quiescent state are within datasheet limiting values), and also with Ia in the region of 4-6mA.

I.e. even with anode as low as 50V, but B+ supply up to 300V. It all depends on the anode load.

Nice little project, seen that schematic somewhere before...errors and all.

From my experience messing with this type of tube (6S6B = half 6N16B) I found that in reality the optimum THD result is obtained with anode voltages quite different to what you claim (Koifarm).

In fact, with B+ over 250V (as long as anode volts in quiescent state are within datasheet limiting values), and also with Ia in the region of 4-6mA.

I.e. even with anode as low as 50V, but B+ supply up to 300V. It all depends on the anode load.

Your right, with 10k load and 1V output the B+ of 140v is good for low distorsion. When you need 10v output and/or low load you need to change the resistors and/or B+.

Last weekend a view friends came over to my place to do a listening test.
I had lower the amplification factor of the tube buffer to 1x with a resistor at the input and used a switch to bypass the tubebuffer with a noemal signal wire.

Nobody could tell the difference between the tubebuffer or the signal wire.
This was a confirmation for me what i had notised before. This tubebuffer ad no coloration to the signal.

It means that you cant hear tube coloration sound?!

Status
Not open for further replies.