• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C load impedance in PSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,
I'm in the very beginning stages of building myself another tube amp. 4 years ago I made myself a really simple SET 6v6 amp, it was fun and a great learning experience, but I've decided i want something better and with lots more power.

I'm looking to build a parallel single ended 6C33C amp. Most people seem to build their SET 6c33C's with 600ohm xfmrs. So if I was to put two tubes in parallel, would I then need to halve the load impedance as it will be shared by two tubes?

My thought process is that a PSE output stage should be essentially another identical stage in parallel. Meaning that all resistors/inductors would be halved and all capacitors would be doubled. Is this true? Or would I use the same 600 ohm load impedance?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Two tubes in parallel will have effectively half the plate resistance.

If you hook these up to an OPT with the same impedance ratio as used for a single tube, you'd have half the output impedance but the same amount of power.

If you hook these up to an OPT with half the primary impedance (same secondary), you'd have the same output impedance but twice the power.

Two tubes in parallel will have effectively half the plate resistance.

If you hook these up to an OPT with the same impedance ratio as used for a single tube, you'd have half the output impedance but the same amount of power.

If you hook these up to an OPT with half the primary impedance (same secondary), you'd have the same output impedance but twice the power.

This is exactly what I was hoping to learn. Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.