• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6360 as Power Tube for SE amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The maximum screen voltage of 6360 is specified as 200 V.
I have built 10 W pp amplifier with 6360 (QQE03/12) and used 220 V, because it gave better linearity.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Do you know of any power supply schematic that could supply the 300,220 and -35 voltages? Or at least steer me in the right direction. I'm 15 and have made 3 tube amps already but I'm still learning the ropes :D

Have you used PSUD II yet? If not, search for it on Google, and d/l it.
Power supplies are easy, when you can simulate them w/ PSUD.
Start w/ a transformer you can get.. (something like a 550v one from Hammond)
then full wave rectify w/ 5ar4 or whatever, then about a 10u cap, 200r 100u cap, 200r, 100u cap, should get you around 300v.

I'd suggest regulating the screen voltage, especially if you're going to push it to or over the max rating.
For that, look up a Maida regulator. You could hook the regulator to your 300v b+ and regulate it down to 220.
For the negative 35v..... Depends.. some transformers have a bias winding you can rectify and that will get you close.. Otherwise maybe look up the tubelab SE schematic, and see how he gets the negative voltage.

And be careful playing w/ HV.. You want to make it to at least 23 years :)

Strapping and paralleling the 6360:

Some SPICE parameters for the tube hooked up this way --

Mu=7.12 Ex=1.75 Kg1=2180 Kp=730 KVB=0

Attachments

• 6360.jpg
    6360.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 6360_B.jpg
    6360_B.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 407
Do you know of any power supply schematic that could supply the 300,220 and -35 voltages? Or at least steer me in the right direction. I'm 15 and have made 3 tube amps already but I'm still learning the ropes :D

Sorry. I have not followed this thread for months.

This is the power supply for my amp. I have used separate small pcb. transformer (2 x 15 VAC, 2 VA) to create negative bias supply.
Main power transformer is 250V / 0,15A, 2 x 3,15V / 2,5A

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.