• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6021w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello ,
I build a RIAA-preamp with 6021 in the RIAA-stage and 6111 as line-amp . I have build many versions of it for friends , and one for me as "The smallest preamplifier in the World" ?? , the power supply is in an extra case and regulated with transistors . I used mini-tuchel connectors for in-and output connection , but there was only place on the back for MM-input and Line-in and Out . For the other amps I have made a printed circuit board with power supply and the tubes are soldered directly to the board . Pictures on my homepage .
Regards , Alex .

www.alextubefotos.gmxhome.de

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

For the other amps I have made a printed circuit board with power supply and the tubes are soldered directly to the board . Pictures on my homepage .

Well have you ever...I knew that somewhere along my google journeys I'd stumbled into some submin preamp...

Never would I have imagined it was you, RE604....

Gruesst dich,;)

Hello ,
the answer is very easy , the amp is small but the sound is great . Too difficult for me , to describe all this in english , but believe me , it is worth , to spend time with this little tubes .
In the next weeks , I finished the whole desription with printed circuit board and schematic on my homepage and then it is easy , to build this amp for you , if you want .
I will try another tube in the first RIAA-stage , the 7963 , more amplification than 6021 with the same pinout .
One of my next projekts is a SE or push-pull micro-amp with 5639 , I got many of them as a gift from a friend .
Regards , Alex.

i bought some 6021's after seeing the imp amp...now i realize there is more to this amp than it seemed at first...
but are there any good schematics somewhere to utilize these cute little tubes?
i havnt been able to find much other than for guitar.
i would love to be able to use these for a small bedroom type amp
or maybe to enhance my computer speaker system
(harmon kardon)

RE 604, can you tell me about the gain of your 6111 line stage?

I ask because a friend gave me an Audionote Zero which uses a 6111 and has the most enormous gain. In a normal type of system with cd input the volume control barely goes past 9 o'clock and is almost unuseable.

I also believe the Quad preamp (QC?) uses a 6111 and may have been designed by the same person - Andy Groves (?) who I recall did some of the World Audio Design kit amps.

thanks, sp

correct

yes, I am a bit of a student of andy grove, he did the
audionote zero preamp, and phonostage,
and the quad preamp, but tim de para did the quad phonostage.

he did afaik, 3 valve preamps for world audio

the first one used ecc88s with a gain of around 4 but it used feedback around a single tridoe stage for the line amp.

(There was also a non phono version (line only) which simply used an ecc88 cathode follower, no voltage gain.)

the second used a ecc88 again I think, transformer loaded to give a lowish gain.

and the final one used 2 cascaded ecc82s with a transformer again giving a lowish gain.

I would be VERy interested in obtaining schematics for the audionote zeros, and the quad pre's.

or if you have it, VERY good close in photos would be gratefully appreciated, so I can identify the anode and cathode resistor values

I would really like it if you could do that for me

just info for you, best wihses:) :)

With some 5639 and 5840 ... almost ready ... my Marantz Model 8 Bambino ;)

Attachments

• m8bambino [640x480].jpg
    m8bambino [640x480].jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 547
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.