600W Class D amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello dear
thank you again for your replies
I know all these and that's whty I'm wondering about output power
as I apply a 100 Hz sine wave I get a sine wave With only 70 V peak voltages and after that I get clipping (at this point my smps rail voltages are at +-85V dc)
my smps is capable of delivering more than 1600W rms (test it with resistive load for a long period of time

my smps is capable of delivering more than 1600W rms

Hi,

what type of wire i mean gauge used SMPS supply connected to your AMP 1mm Sq. or 2mm Sq.
Min. req. 2.5mm Sq. wire for +/- & GND If it is not increase wire gauge and test. for low wire gauge will produce more EMI and you won't get result

can you provide a picture

Regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
Hi,

what type of wire i mean gauge used SMPS supply connected to your AMP 1mm Sq. or 2mm Sq.
Min. req. 2.5mm Sq. wire for +/- & GND If it is not increase wire gauge and test. for low wire gauge will produce more EMI and you won't get result

can you provide a picture

Regards
MANOJ

I use 1mm wire for connections but the length of wires are about 50cm
and I also take my voltage reading from both smps output and from mosfet pins on amplifier and the differnece is not that much
but I will definetely try using even 4mm gauge tonight and will share the result here

I will also share my setup
I design a new pcb for the amp and get it running but the result with the output voltage is the same as your pcb design

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
thank you for your reply
I solve that problem and now the amp working perfect but I want to get about 800W rms but I can not go higher than 600W
does that 12V chips supply cause this and I get only 73V dc(the rail voltages are at 85V DC) on mosfets at full power?
Should I increase power supply voltages?

800W 8 ohm RMS you will need supply more than 90Vdc. Means need higher mosfet and new setting.
It is not simply 80V x 10A = 800W because the amp cannot produce 80V out RMS with just 80V rails.

For me, put factor 0.9 x 0.707 to get RMS from a voltage rails for class D amp. Then consider 8 ohm load. There you will get amps load. Then RMS watt

800W 8 ohm RMS you will need supply more than 90Vdc. Means need higher mosfet and new setting.
It is not simply 80V x 10A = 800W because the amp cannot produce 80V out RMS with just 80V rails.

For me, put factor 0.9 x 0.707 to get RMS from a voltage rails for class D amp. Then consider 8 ohm load. There you will get amps load. Then RMS watt

But my subwoofers are 4 ohms

and even with 0.9 factor I should get around 720W on 4 ohms

Hi,

your output volt was +/-73v peak 1KHz sine (73v pp) with load 4R. and 70vpp on 100Hz
so you will get more than 600W.
Ex. {A 100W inverter will load Incandescent 100W bulb, but the engineer said it is 60W only they calculate the power factor 0.6 and said the final watt.}

Regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
Hi,

Normally all branded team like Behringer, Qsc, crown etc.. set clip on (VCC - 18v) range.

85-18= 67v. In your case is 85-15=70v.

I think for setting clip level point 21v~23v for 2R load, 18v for 4R load, 15v for 8R load.

so 900W@4R you need +/-78v DC. {78-18=60vpp output @4R load}

Regards
MANOJ

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.