5W PP Princeton reverb EL91. FINISHED (nearly)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And yet, after all that, I'm still a Lotus fan.
We've all heard Lord Acton's famous words "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." The sentence has become sufficiently ubiquitous that most English-speaking people have encountered it.

But it always seemed to me that Lord Acton's next sentence from the same letter is the one that should have become famous, so that it could be a warning to all of us: "Great men are almost always bad men."

Perhaps it says more about what humanity reveres most, and clearly, it's not goodness. For example, you cannot rise to political leadership of any country, without first being willing to make decisions that cause other people to die, often in large numbers.

-Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy. Not sure if its worth drawing a schematic. I mostly used the aa1164 princeton reverb schematic, just changed the output valves. Lowered the dropping resistor for screens and reverb and tremelo to 1k. I have a 190v transformer tap for that. Reverb was the only thing that worried me, the schematic is like 400v but 250v seems to be fine. Changed the tremelo capacitors to all .01 and used a 100uf bypass cap on the cathode. WOW! that made it work!!
I mounted all the valves on two pieces of garolite with standoffs and turrets for the wiring etc. kind of a modular thing. regulated the heaters 12v dc and the power vales heaters just rectified. I have an unusual transformer with lots of taps and did what ever i needed to get the voltages i needed. voltage doubler for the neg bias. Wiring looked really neat until i started changing things. Dogs breakfast now
I am very pleased with it and wonder why more people dont use low power pentodes. Sounds way better then my Trainwreck clone with the 6sn7 triode output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.