5-BAND EQ: Constant Q or conventional topology?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there! :)

I'd like to know your valued opinion about which type of equalizer would be best for a 5-Band control. I particulary like the Constant-Q design, but I'm not sure if it would be adequate for a 5-band EQ. :confused:

Frequencies are planned to be 64hz, 250hz, 640hz, 4k and 12khz. It's intended for small / medium P.A. applications. Suggestions are welcome! ;)

Thank you.

Best Regards!

Is this equalizer going to be parametric or graphic? Because if you're going for a parametric EQ, you don't need to decide between constant-Q or conventional-Q! Parametrics (at least fully parametric) equalizers feature a knob that regulates how much Q will be present. This also has the side benefit of allowing you to dial in a particular frequency and cut it with a very low Q to control feedback, very useful for the P.A. application you mentioned.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.