5.1/RCA Switch?

Mute Riot

2008-01-25 4:52 am
Hey Everyone!

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right spot for this, but I'll try anyway. I need help in building a custom audio switch for my computer/xbox. I have a Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround System that I've been using for my computer that I would also like to use for my Xbox as well. The only problem is that the only inputs into the speakers are three 1/8 in. jacks (L/R, Center, R L/R). I have an RCA converter that came with the speakers that converts the L/R audio signal from the Xbox into signals for all of the speakers, but its just a hassle to switch all of the cables over from or to the computer/Xbox whenever I want to use either of them. I'm slightly stumped in how the electrical design of such a switch might look however. If anyone understands what I'm trying to do and might have a clue, any help would be appreciated. I'll attach a (really badly drawn) picture to try and clarify what im trying to do. Thanks!!

-Mute Riot


  • switch.gif
    6 KB · Views: 56