4th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2007

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As for taking big speakers on the ferry... one time I strapped a 15 cubic foot dual-18" cabinet onto a mover's dolly along with an Anvil case with the crossover and power amps and they didn't charge me any extra for this. A hand truck would have been easier to roll over the bumps, though.

I might be able to give someone a ride from Nanaimo down to the diyFEST.

dangus said:
As for taking big speakers on the ferry... one time I strapped a 15 cubic foot dual-18" cabinet onto a mover's dolly along with an Anvil case with the crossover and power amps and they didn't charge me any extra for this. A hand truck would have been easier to roll over the bumps, though.

I might be able to give someone a ride from Nanaimo down to the diyFEST.

I'm in nanaimo.

Hi all

I will be coming down from the North end of Vancouver Island on the Friday (27th) afternoon. I expect to pass thru Campbell River about 6:30pm and thru Nanaimo about 8:00pm.

I will need to leave about 2:00 pm on Sunday (29th).

I will be driving a van which I expect to be only half-full of gear, so if anyone is compatible with that schedule and needs a ride for themselves and/or their gear, please email me and we can set it up.

Jess

JesseG said:
Hi all

I will be coming down from the North end of Vancouver Island on the Friday (27th) afternoon. I expect to pass thru Campbell River about 6:30pm and thru Nanaimo about 8:00pm.

I will be driving a van which I expect to be only half-full of gear, so if anyone is compatible with that schedule and needs a ride for themselves and/or their gear, please email me and we can set it up.

Jess

Is Scott riding with you too ?

JesseG said:
Hi all

Jess

Jess,
Kevin Haskins and I are looking at getting there either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I've talked him into bringing that TT (I think) and maybe an amp. Kevin doesn't like to do the commercial stuff at these meets, but I have to say he's a real DIY "gearhead". He does all kinds of stuff just to play around with that has no viability from the onset.
Looking forward to seeing you and the "Gang".
Best Regards,
TerryO

Is Scott riding with you too ?

I haven't talked to Scott yet. I will email him tonite to see if he wants to come along with me.

TerryO

I'm looking forward to it, Terry! I am bringing a bunch of my wierd junk too, so we should lots to play with :D

I just finnished my Pre-Amp, after a few months of working on it slowly. The volume control has a piece of plexie glass behind it that glows a soft blue when the pre-amp is on.

That is really beautiful! I love the proportions and lines and I am dying to see how you pulled off the plexi glow-ring.

Jess

OK, things are firming up, could I please get a lift from the ferry Saturday? Anybody who's driving got a spare seat? My schedule's open, so just pick whatever ferry time works out for you.

And, can somebody bring an air pump? I've got the air mattress, but packing my big pump would just be a total hassle. It's gonna be a big enough hassle walking around downtown Van on Friday with a big camping backpack :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, we'll arrange for someone to pick you up... me or Chris or Jeff or Barry probably -- no it probably won't be me... Barry has been out of touch, but he lives in Sidney so it would be not out of his way. You probably want to plan on the 7 or 8 o'clock ferry -- we'll get out end together and see where we are at....

dave

dickmorgan22 said:
If there's not too big a crowd expected, looks like I can escape family vacation for a day, and make it out Saturday. Ed West down in Bellingham figures he might make it too. Can anyone say road trip?

Dick

OMG!
One of you two is bad enough, but both............:D
I don't understand why people like Dick Morgan and Ed West are even allowed at DIY Meets. They're sooo far out of the Audiophile mainstream with their unconventional thinking, that people like myself (that are perfectly centered in that mainstream), sometimes are made to feel...well, uncomfortable. Perhaps, if I read them a few pages out of Stereophile Magazine, it might help. Having heard the revealed Audio Truth, they will abandon their evil ways and return to the flock. It will be necessary that when they have realized the error of their ways, that we get them to the nearest approved Boze Sales Outlet as soon as possible, before they start backsliding and are lost forever.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Terry:

Please don't forget to bring your frock-coat and bible (RCA Receiving-Tube Handbook 4th Ed.). :angel:

I, for one, am much comforted that we poor, lost audiosheep have a shepherd who will lead us out of darkness.

We will expect a suitable sermon sunday morning. Maybe something on the topic of appropriate worship for germanium transistors?

Jess

PS: this year you will only be allowed 3 hours instead of 8 to finish aany speakers you bring to the fest! :devilr:

I don't when you're arriving Terry, but one thing I'd like you to do is locate a new peetree. The old one blew down in one of our not so recent wind storms as you know. A truck load of beer will likely result in the need for at least one of us needing a new location.

No toothache medication this time so I don't have to show the level of control I did last time. By the time noon rolls around, even my speakers will sound good. :drink:

And if they don't, we might have to talk. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.