4-way Dipole speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently finished a 3-way dipole speaker using a single Peerless XLS10 woofer in a 30cm deep H-frame, a 8" Seas L22RNX/P midrange and 10"Dayton WG loaded compression driver.

I am now moving on to a 4-way using, I managed to get another pair Peerless woofers so plan to mount them in a 45cm deep double woofer H-frame and cross over to the same Seas unit but with the addition of a Scanspeak 10F mid range and either a 19mm or 25mm tweeter.

I thought I would try and mimic another well know design but using different drivers and MiniDSP.
Below is how edge plots the design.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Well I have already drawn it out on a bit of 18mm MDF ready for cutting.

I am using the ABC-Dipole design spreadsheet to work out the EQ but will have to wait to make some measurements when they baffle is built.

I have a Quad 520 amp to power the 4 woofers, it should provide 150watts /ch into 4ohm.

I do like it, It looks more interesting than a plank of wood which I have at the moment.
It kind of breaks the speaker up and looks less imposing, in my opinion.

I would have attempted the Nao Note II RS but it looks to complicated to make where as the LX521 is made up of straight cuts which I can cut with a hand held electric jigsaw, I hope.

Thanks John, thankfully I can get hold of either in the UK fairly easily.

I have decided on an 18" deep H-frame with two XLS woofers in each with a crossover to the midrange at 120Hz.

There isn't any problem in mixing driver materials i.e aluminum lower midrange with a fiberglass upper midrange?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.