4-Pole mini plug


2005-02-23 2:36 pm

I want to be able to play movie DVDs on my PC and output the 5.1 sound to my HTIB speakers.

According to info from the Creative forums, this is possible with my Audigy Gamer card using a 4-pole mini plug. These seem to be rarer than dinosaur teeth.

I bought a sufficiently long cable that will plug into the DVD coax out, but it is RCA male both ends. Does anyone know where I can get an RCA/mini plug adapter? I have seen mini plug to dual RCA plugs but I'm not sure if these will work. The forum emphasized a "mono' plug.

Has anyone out there had any luck with this sort of thing?