4" midwoofer for mini 2 way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Highly recommended.

Is there any difference between 4Ohm vs 8Ohm? I have downloaded data files with zma/frd and RS125-8 looks like a little bit more linear and easy to work with.

Well i have made my decision and i'll go with metal cone driver definitely. The question is SB12PAC or RS125 :).

SB12PAC is some kind of dark horse. It is not so popular in DIY community.

I’m ending a 3W build and the MT part is done with the RS125P and ND28F drivers. I can’t comment about the bass of the RS because it is crossed over at around 500Hz, but the midrange is quite good. I favored it over the metal version as it can be crossed over to the tweeter higher than the 2.5KHz LR4 crossover point recommended by Zaph for the metal driver, and I wanted to play a little bit safer for the ND28F.

Speaking about the tweeter, I have mixed feelings about the ND28. It sounds OK, but to have a couple working to specs I had to buy 6, 4 of which were payed, and the support from the manufacturer was not fully adequate. So prepare to measure them if you want to use them.

Ralf

Meanwhile I've made my choice and bought the speakers.

The drivers were mounted in cabinet and measured. You can see it in attachment. The only problem is dip about 5khz on tweeter freaquency responce. I don't know the reason to say honestly.

You can find measurement files below. Any crossover versions will be welcomed :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180122_144137.jpg
    IMG_20180122_144137.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_20180122_144917.jpg
    IMG_20180122_144917.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Tweeter_80cm.jpg
    Tweeter_80cm.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Woofer_80cm.jpg
    Woofer_80cm.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 326
  • SB12PAC+SB26STCN.zip
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
Meanwhile I've made my choice and bought the speakers.

The drivers were mounted in cabinet and measured. You can see it in attachment. The only problem is dip about 5khz on tweeter freaquency responce. I don't know the reason to say honestly.

You can find measurement files below. Any crossover versions will be welcomed :)

One possible start, see below. I used your files. Estimated 8 mm Z-offset to the tweeter. The 5Khz dip looks troublesome, but could be looks only. Try and report. What is the baffle dimension, and is the tweeter mounted symmetrical (central) or is it offset? Below are your raw measurements as I opened them, and both LP and HP individually, as well as the system response. The impedance not shown, but high enough not be a problem, min 3R9 at cca 200 Hz.
Graphs 30 dB scale , 5 dB per division.

Attachments

• Akarma woofer raw.JPG
    Akarma woofer raw.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Akarma tweeter raw.JPG
    Akarma tweeter raw.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Akarma woofer LP.JPG
    Akarma woofer LP.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 49
  • Akarma tweeter HP.JPG
    Akarma tweeter HP.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 43
  • Akarma system.JPG
    Akarma system.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Akarma xo.JPG
    Akarma xo.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.