3 way toggle switch

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ It's not "necessary", but when did you get your kit? Was it specifically ordered as a 1.8 kit? Earlier kits (V1.6 and prior) did not have a 3-position switch.

tl;dr - If your kit was purchased "recently" from the store and is a V1.8 kit, then it should have come with a 3-position switch to the best of my understanding.

If it didn't come with the correct switch, e-mail contact@diyaudiostore.com and they'll definitely help you out.

Reactions: 1 user
If your kit comes with a 2-position toggle switch, it is V1.6 and you can follow the Amp Camp Amp V1.6 build guide.
1715621901432-jpeg.1309764

If you want to build it to V1.8, you can purchase a 3 position switch HERE.

https://guides.diyaudio.com/Guide/Amp+Camp+Amp+V1.8+Change+Information/10

Attachments

• 1715621901432.jpeg
    1715621901432.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 165
Hello again,

I bought a 3 way 6pin toggle switch and wired it according to v1.8 instructions.

All the setting work in stereo - no mono (considering I will use 2 monos this is a problem)

Short of getting another switch does anybody have a suggestion.

Thanks for your help

Thanks

(btw Parts Express charges 53$, yes 53$ to ship 2 little tiny switches to essentially Montreal Canada so I will not order from them)

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ Post a link to the switch you bought.

Then, please post clear photos of all your wiring similar to those shown in the build guide. When possible / practical show your comparison photo next to the photo from the guide.
If you wired it like in the guide... and there are no component issues... or solder issues... then it works.

Thanks for your reply - I will recheck all (I know my wiring is correct - I checked just about 10 times against the pictures). So I will redo the soldering (I am a newbie and my soldering job of the back plate is not, let's say, the best) and use a new 3 position switch. Actually I bought it in store and there is no spec on their website. I may have been sold an SPDT. So I will make certain to get a DPDT.

Thanks again

Joined 2018
Paid Member
If you got the wrong switch, check amazon for switches.

Look for "On/Off/On" functionality in a 6 pin DPDT switch.

Here's an example in the USA. I'm not sure what your local Amazon MTL warehouse has, but I imagine they have something similar. This is kindof a "jellybean" part.

1715714685105.png