3-Way design with Dayton RS52AN

I am planning a small size 3 way with Dayton RS52AN which I have, Initially brought with an Idea to build Black Box (Dayton RS270S-8 + Dayton RS52AN-8 + Dayton RS28A-4) --https://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/download/Humble%20Homemade%20Hifi_Black%20Box.pdf but later to my delay RS28A-4 has become obsolete.

Due to space constraints Iam not opting for http://zaphaudio.com/ZDT3.5.html

As I require a small footprint 3-way speaker, My thought is to go with a passive radiator for the woofer.

Has anybody tried building a 3-way Dayton RS52AN ( other than the above builds )?

Kindly help me to complete my build, your inputs are highly appreciated.

Hi,

A long ago I have tried RS52-AN. I recall the mid range to sound detailed and clean. But being a 2" metal mid dome it's not easy to work with. Steep cross over is needed and it works best > 700 Hz. Also with 10" woofer there will be sudden change of directivity pattern. IMO for these reasons dome mids work best in 4-way systems.

Regards

I have a pair of these and for the price, they are very good. You need to kill the 13k spike in the crossover even if you crossover low. I never used it in a final design but I had it in a 4 way active system for evaluation. I used it with a Belisma T25B, a Fountek ribbon and a Seas H1212. Obviously the T25B was the best but the Seas was nice. I crossed it over at 3 and 4khz. I liked it at 3khz better. The Fountek has too much distortion below 7khz. It was the cheap one. 50 USD. I think they are more now.
For a woofer, there are many, many choices. Depends on how loud and low you wanna go.
Back to tweeters, there are plenty of tweeters that would work. Very hard to choose one. Tons of great tweeters out there. Again, depends on volume and your preference on sound.

Bazukaz, do you have any schematics of a passive 4 way design ?
Hi,

I used MiniDSP for active cross over. It produced slight hiss, so passive filter was only 1st order low pass to remove this high frequency noise.
Later I have given up with 4 way designs because the conclusion was, little is to be gained by significantly greater complexity and cost. While let's say a quality 5" cone mid range can also sound very good and is easier to design a system with it.

Regards