3 pin rectifier diodes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I quite like the look of this board to enable me to use some diodes I have but I realised mine are 2 pin and the PCB here is for 3 pin. Is it compatible with 2 pin diodes? I assume centre pin is ground but I dont see how it works looking at the board traces.

£8.74 7%OFF | power rectifier board, Schottky rectifier PCB board fast low resistance, class a power amplifier suitable
AliExpress

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
The lack of enthusiasm for doing simple research and reading datasheets is disappointing but also seems to be the new normal.

In short, no, using single diodes in place of doubles will not work, completely different pinout.

I did the simple research so no lack of enthusiasm here. I read the data sheet that Marra linked to and decided it was beyond my ability to bother with the 3 pin boards when I have 2 pin diodes here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.