2x12" for small PA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need new drivers in a 2x12" basscabinet, or a new cabinet of small size for livemusic.

The current one is about 55*35*30 cm on the inside and has two homehifi 12 inchers in it right now and those drivers cant take the beating.

The tops has a sensitivity of 99dB (JBL MP212).
The rig has an active crossover (JBL M552) and the amplifiers (JBL MPX600) can deliver 850watts /ch into 4ohm and all of that is going to be used...

So my question is, what "cheapish" PA driver does there exist that can deliver a flat FR down to 60Hz with 850watt peak and has a final sensitivity around or prefereably above 99dB.
-Boxtype is not that important, but size and output is...

electroaudio said:
I didnt like that eminence, the last box on the scrapheap had that driver.
Huh? It's a superb driver for PA LF. And I'm extremely picky about what I use. One of the few drivers that doesn't exceed Pmax before Xmax in a sensible box.

electroaudio said:
But the BMS 12 looks very promising, i can even reuse my old box with that driver.
Thanks for the tip on that one.
The BMS is a 15".

I'm using an RCF 18 as the sub for my bass guitar, but the BMS models well in the same box and saves me 10kg, so I'll replace the baffle and port as soon as I can get a driver here for a sensible price.

Brett said:
Huh? It's a superb driver for PA LF. And I'm extremely picky about what I use. One of the few drivers that doesn't exceed Pmax before Xmax in a sensible box.

The BMS is a 15".

I'm using an RCF 18 as the sub for my bass guitar, but the BMS models well in the same box and saves me 10kg, so I'll replace the baffle and port as soon as I can get a driver here for a sensible price.

I am not especially picky about this rig but i didnt like the eminience, too much "free sound" in that one. However, i am not 100% sure the modelnumber was exactly the same.

Also, the box with a 15" was too big so thats why i looked at the bms 12" , not 15" ... 12n630 seems as a good choice for a dual 12" BRbox.

I will be limited to roughly 120dB with that one, but both amplifier and xmax will run out of gas at the same time so...
-It would ofcourse be nice with 130dB but i dont expect more than 120 unless i do a different boxtype.

2206B.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.