2SK170 GR - Berlin - Segor ( www.segor.de )

Wait a minute! Perhaps we should be a little more careful.
As far as I know, the mold gate marks on Toshiba's TO92 package are centered and the burrs have been scraped off nicely.
IMG20240422174212.jpg

Segor's photo seems more likely that the one in the picture is a fake.
c723danv.png

Even if the Segor is conscientious, their suppliers may be suspect.
I would ask the OP what the actual item received was like.

To determine if it is genuine simply by only DMM, measure Id by inserting a resistor (about 100Ω is appropriate for K170) at the source after measuring IDSS.
K170.png

Draw a source resistor load line through the origin on the Id-Vgs graph of 2SK170, and the intersection will be the expected Id.
Below is an example for Idss=6.2mA and Rs=100Ω (red) load line. The intersection (green arrow) is approximately 2mA.
K170 Id-Vgs.png

If the Id is obviously larger than this, it is expected to be a fake with a gm smaller than 2SK170.

Reactions: 1 user
I can tell you that 2SK170GR is very difficult to get even in China.
1.20€ including VAT, import fees, margin, .... Etc.
You can judge for yourself whether it is genuine or not.
Enough hints above how to verify by at least 2-point measurement.

Segor is a good shop.
Just don't count on them to curve trace before selling.

Best of luck, :geek:
Patrick

HI.

It seems to be a bit late. They have less than 5 pieces on stock. All gone last days.

I'm not a trader, just hobbyist like almost all of You. My email tried to make it easier for searchers.

Lucky ones have right now big bunch of great J-Fets ( I have more than 20 pieces )

BTW:

J-fets measured in few points, all seems to follow Toshiba datasheet, great for long tail pairs for DIY FRONT END 2022.