2 x 10" woofers - enough low freq SPL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Room gain brings that back up to near flat. Correct, the bass isn't prominent, it's just right.

Hi there...re wavelengths......
I take it your room isn't made of wood as mine is....then the LF response will basically goes through the wood/insulation and into the garden to disperse...then you will loose alot of your expected corner gain. LF travels through walls! OR are your room walls made of brick/ cement ?

rich

quote:
I take it your room isn't made of wood as mine is....then the LF response will basically goes through the wood/insulation and into the garden to disperse...then you will loose alot of your expected corner gain. LF travels through walls! OR are your room walls made of brick/ cement ?

Actually, that's already factored in. 6dB increase x sidewall, floor, & ceiling yields 18dB, and we are using 8dB room gain. See http://www.woodartistry.com/linkwitzlab/thor-estim.htm

Cheers
DavidG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.