2 way tower idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An 8" midbass with a small-format compression driver solves a lot of problems Chris

Chris661, have you simulted your driver combination with just LR4/LR4 active crossovers? the OP goal.

Lancea, at the listener, the baffle + room distortion from crossing an 8" above the directivity of a tweeter is higher than harmonic distortion of close-mike measurements on just the tweeter.

Distortion... never ignore multi-driver effects.... never ignore crossover effects... never ignore room effects .... never ignore the SPL curve of your hearing.

Chris661, have you simulted your driver combination with just LR4/LR4 active crossovers? the OP goal.

Lancea, at the listener, the baffle + room distortion from crossing an 8" above the directivity of a tweeter is higher than harmonic distortion of close-mike measurements on just the tweeter.

Distortion... never ignore multi-driver effects.... never ignore crossover effects... never ignore room effects .... never ignore the SPL curve of your hearing.

I enjoyed listening to the towers with LR4 crossovers - I used active crossovers to get them up and running, and soon I will transfer to passive for use with a Cambridge CXA80 amplifier.
While I agree that active crossovers are generally superior, the resulting stereo system ends up more complex than I would like. An integrated amp makes life easy.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.