1st time try- TQWT -Beta 10CX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
revise

Hello,
I think I am settle with this but would like some improvements:
I wound not want to go below the driver Fs=49Hz, prefer ~55Hz
Is there a problem with the electrical impedance? seem high @ ~65Hz
S4 seem big? Thanks,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 60
  • TQWT-beta10CXV2.txt
    1 KB · Views: 28
Hello,
I think I am settle with this but would like some improvements:
I wound not want to go below the driver Fs=49Hz, prefer ~55Hz
Is there a problem with the electrical impedance? seem high @ ~65Hz
S4 seem big? Thanks,

Greets!

You actually tuned it to ~41 Hz according to the displacement plot, which is also shown as a lower 1st impedance peak than the 2nd one since they would be equal amplitude if tuned to Fs and the 1st one would be higher if tuned above Fs, so it's not high enough if you want a ~55 Hz tuning.

Note that I made some detail changes to make it a bit more accurate [V2_GM], one of which was based on a material thickness of 2.6 cm [~1"] for the bottom plate [L34], but for some reason is only 0.1 cm [~1/32"] and of course doing the driver/vent summing at the listening position.

Worse, even getting rid of the vent, bottom plate and just have it be a tapered TL only raises tuning to ~Fs, so either accept the current alignment or make it a simple TL [V3_GM_TL] for a ~Fs tuning or start over from scratch and design one for 55 Hz.

GM

Attachments

• Beta10CXV2_GM.txt
    1 KB · Views: 69
  • Beta10CXV3_GM_TL.txt
    1 KB · Views: 35
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.