15" woofer in sealed enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been in the same quest as you. I believe in selecting a driver with a EBP (Fs/Qes) of less than, or very close to 50. Lowish VAS, no PP-cones, Qts between 0,2 to 0,5, etc, etc. In my current selection, I have not started any simulations, so I don't know how they will react in a system or box.

Aura NS15-992-4A 15"
Creative Sound Solutions SDX15
Dayton Titanic Mk III 15"
Dayton RSS390HF-4 15"
Mach5Audio IXL15-2-2 Dual 2 Ohm
Soundsplinter RL-p 15 Dual 4 Ohm

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Ahhh, yes, I overlooked the quest fore only 90db+ and focused on the 15"

Well, this 10" may be all it takes;) very nice specs fore midbass in closed box, and sensitivity at 92db should match most normal subs

And why 50hz?...to calculate xo point to your subs you need to look at where its 6db down, which should be 45hz fore this one in closed...seems like a good match, and cheap too

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=290-471

Attachments

• 290-471m.jpg
    290-471m.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 651
BHTX- i'm not sure what the celestions are. It is a comsume product my dad bought used. It has 2 12" facing each other mounted on metal frams in complete open space. Although they are subs, they don't go very low and the time delay is a mes.

buggsson- i saw the daytons too, however i'm planning on using them for 20-50hz (Dayton RSS390HF-4 15").
50-200hz would be another pair of 15" per side.

robertG- thanks, but I could not find them on madisound...
:xeye:

tinitus- I saw your posts a few hours after I made my order, the Usher PA15" were back in stock at partsexpress for some reason, I ordered 4 (on sale $110 each) and from the graph they well be -4db at 50hz. I think i'll be fine since I'll have subs on the very bottom. 50hz crossover is just a ball park figure, I'll try from 40hz to50hz and see what is best. I'll keep the 10" Eminence in mind for my next project ;) they look pretty good

With the woofers (usher) already ordered, I'm now focusing more on the sealed subs, it seems like Dayton RSS390HF-4 15" (2 per side) is gonna be it, I won't order them for while so if anyone has even better suggestions please let me know :D

Thanks for all the help guys

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.