12V AC adapter to 5V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am building my own digital photo frame. I am using a Haier 7" LCD TV for the screen, which requires a 12V input, and the SanDisk Digital Photo Viewer (SDV2-A-A30), which requires only 5V of power. I understand I could possibly use a 5V regulator, but I don't know where to insert that into the circuit, or if I would possibly need a diode or heatsink or anything for it.

Essentially, I'm connecting the digital photo viewer to the 7" LCD screen, but I only want to use one AC power adapter for both parts. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Well the TV says it requires 9-12V but the adapter says it has an output of 12V, 1500mA. I can't find the power consumption of the Sandisk photo album, but the adapter for that says 5V DC output with 1000mA. The adapters both came with the products.

The TV adapter is a DC adapter, and the TV can run off of a rechargable battery, so I'm assuming the TV runs on DC power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.