100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

I'm actually really good with Diptrace and have produced maybe 40 to 50 pcb's, power amps, tube amps, preamps, stomp boxes, power supplies, you name it. Sometimes, with really simple circuits like this, I just do a quick layout in DIY Layout Creator and put it together in a couple of hours. I bought a case that had a strip of led's already built in that were labeled power, cable, link and message but I thought it would be cool to us them as a VU meter. Attached is a pcb I drew from a schematic I liked for this power amp build. I could use the pcb that Apex did but I would have to drill new holes and I really don't want to do that. I just want to figure out why mine doesn't work.

Attachments

• 20170515_005957.jpg
    20170515_005957.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 1,960
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Schematic capturing programs

Hi Prasi and all,

Are all the programs listed in your quote able to generate gerber files for the pcb manufacture houses???.

Regards,

Myles

Dear gannaji,
Yep, I was intending to imply diptrace only. I couldn't remember the name of the software yesterday so I mentioned the name of prolific users of that software {Vzaichecko and JWilhelm.}
To be honest, I never tried to learn any other software seriously, as I think I have good capability with eagle.:D

I did make a somewhat complicated layout with sprint for a well-known amp designer, but it was merely a copy and some beautification project that was sponsored. It took a week of hard work (6PM-2AM), most of the time was spent in checking the connections and packages. if there was a sch , then I would have done it in eagle, then it would have been a 2-3 days affair.

Since most newbie DIYers and soon-to-be-pcb-designers visit and read this thread, my advice would be to spend some time and learn any schematic capturing software, like Eagle/Diptrace/DesignSpark/Protel. Their DIYA life would be much easier.

regds,
Prasi