100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Many thanks :)
As I also need 5V for my raspberrypi and 18V for the px6 amp so I need to understand a little bit more your PSU. Help is welcomed :)
I just installed kicad for pcb design.... Hope it is a good choice. It is free so....

You can add 7805 regulator on 12V fan output or on +/-15V output for preamp.

Attachments

• APEX PSU100 +5V.jpg
    APEX PSU100 +5V.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 1,124
Hi Prasi,

Your layout. I just modified it a little to add the +5v. I also adjusted the inputs and outputs to fit standard euro connectors. I built one of these to power an FX100. I wanted to use the +-15v output to power a linear pre and maybe a balanced input circuit but I'm not sure it is clean enough for the task.

As for camelator's need, I wonder if a zener shunt could bring the rails down enough to feed the L7815/L7915. Would that lower the current too much?

A9 and AX11 (More powerful version ?)

Hi,

I've never built an Apex power amp so looking through this thread the A9 and AX11 seem to be popular so I decided to send (very soon) the Gerbers to the PCB manuf. so I can have my own.
These PCB layouts were donated freely. (see attached Layout from Sonal Kunal and Thiagomogi, thanks guys)

I just realized that my power transformer are about +/-39Vac, 300Va, I've got 4 of them and I'd like to use them of course. This 78Vct translate to about +/-53Vdc so too high for the normal A9 and AX11. Can I use these nice PCB layout and change a few components to make them work at +/-53Vdc ?

If so, what should be changed ??

If not, my solution would be to make a bipolar buffered zener regulator a la Zen Part 3 from NP.

Thanks a lot,
Eric

Attachments

• Apex A9 v1.06.png
    Apex A9 v1.06.png
    680.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • ax11.jpg
    ax11.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 972
Hi Eric,
My recommendation would be to build a AX-14, as it can be supplied with +/-56VDC http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...timate-fidelity-amplifier-32.html#post2294815 and you can use your trafo , no problem..
There are other amplifier's ofcourse, but Mr. Mile started the thread with AX-14:).
reg
Prasi

Thanks Prasi.

Do you know if some Gerbers file are available ?

My speakers are 4 ohm.

Mr Mile,

What models would you say work at these voltages of roughly +/-53Vdc, have Gerbers available and are strong performers so I get hooked to Apex amps ?

Many Thanks,
Eric

Last edited: