• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

1000W tube amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You would need your own power station to drive it. And there is no speaker available with that sort of power handing ability. But it would rock!

That figure probably refers to using this tube to drive the modulator stage of an RF transmitter. To drive an AM transmitter of 1kW you need an audio amp of 500W (if my memory serves me correctly).

0012.GIF

Last edited:
ez pleazy

What would you do with a schematic? Do you need that much power? Do you have 3-phase power in your living room?

FWIW, the schematic would be very predictable, too...

For an extra $200USD they will run a drop for you and bring 3 phase to your doorstep. You have to have the 3 phase watt hour meter installed prior to the drop.

Although if you are in a backwater setting 1 phase is all you are going to gits.

They still have 2 phase in sum places, 2 phase out shines 3 phase but you need 4 wires, shows how cheap they are.

For an extra $200USD they will run a drop for you and bring 3 phase to your doorstep. You have to have the 3 phase watt hour meter installed prior to the drop.

Although if you are in a backwater setting 1 phase is all you are going to gits.

They still have 2 phase in sum places, 2 phase out shines 3 phase but you need 4 wires, shows how cheap they are.

My parent's old house had three phase because the previous owner had massive floor standing power tools and a garage heater installed and it was rated to 400 amp service. When he moved he took six cars, a bunch of crazy tools using a tow motor to get everything out, and a couple of engines. And some "art".

The heat pump and baseboard heaters didn't help either for the electric bill. My electrician friend came over one day and said wtf?

I said we needed the power because of the stereo. If the stereo part were only true...

The factory modification to eliminate the six mercury vapor rectifier tubes should be outlawed! They are at least half the beauty of this beast!
Dave

Hi , Dave,
100 % agree!.
@raypse:

Do you have 3-phase power in your living room?

Oh yes, I do have 3 phase 4-wire in my living room. Many years ago I had storage heaters in my house. The heaters are replaced aginst a gas fired central heating system. The 3 phase power lines are still there in every room, 230/400V 16Amp. The power lines ending in juncion boxes , easy to fit a 5-pin CEE socket.

Maybe I am an owner of an EL6471 in several weeks. I´m just haggling about the conditions.

Wolfgang

While OTL's are usualy not verry effecent wouldn't many paralled tubes bring
the effency up. Wonder what power would be available from 80 pairs of 6as7
using the Futterman output stage.

Not sure how much power would be available from 80 pairs of 6as7 tubes in Futterman based OTL power Amp., but Atmasphere MA3 OTL Circlotron Amp deliver 500W from 21 tube pair ( 42 tube ) : Atma-Sphere music systems, inc.

Any way my personal opinion is that 15 - 30 w / per channel of high quality DIY tube Amp is just OK for average audiophiles listening room , paired together with enough sensitive speakers units .

Best Regards !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.