10" woofer for outdoor application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!
I'm currently planning a construction of a cabinet for 2 x 10" woofers for an outdoor bass application. I would like to hear from you what you think about it.
I'm trying to find a high efficiency woofer that can go down to F3 = 50 Hz - 60Hz.
I'm currently using this SPA-10A/250NEO for my design. I have a 77 liter cabinet and it is tuned to 62,5 Hz. I think the response looks fine.
The VAS for the speaker is only 19 L so is the cabinet too large? I'm thinking of filling it with some dampening materials if that will help?
Another question: The datasheet says xmax of +/- 3 mm. Will that mean 6 mm in WinISD?
I've added some pictures form WinISD. There is added filters (2nd-order highpass @ 40 Hz + 2nd-order lowpass @ 400 Hz).

Thanks for your help,
Simon H.A.

Attachments

• test-cabinet.jpg
    test-cabinet.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 106
@ Shatronics

Another question: The datasheet says xmax of +/- 3 mm. Will that mean 6 mm in WinISD?

If you mean in the WinISD Driver Database, then no, it means Peak = 3mm. Peak to Peak = 6mm.

If you go to Options in your design, you can select to show between Peak/P-P/Rms by clicking where i've placed the arrow ;)

What do you mean when saying "elements"?

He means the weather, rain etc.

Attachments

• opt.png
    opt.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.