• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

10,000+ AUDIO Type tubes for sale or trade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The only good thing about getting older is that I have an amazing amount of tube audio gear, tubes, transformers, documentation, books.......bla, bla, bla, etc. (3000+ square feet to the 12' ceilings) which I loved enough the first time it was "cool" to haul it around with me all these years.

As of late (now that one offspring has moved to her own home and I've pried 8 of my 23 year old son's fingers off of his bedroom door; the wife split long ago :) ) , I'm having moments of sanity where in I'm considering building a much smaller home (~1800SF) so that my pension will cover all my living expenses (and a Porsche payment!). I was lucky enough to pull off retiring at 50 and I wanna' have some fun!

Should you still be awake after reading the above diatribe, I've noticed in other threads how high the demand is for really common (to me) audio tubes gear, iron, etc. has become. I hate selling on eBay, so let me know what you need. I spent one of my 4 careers as an EE, so let me know if you have technical issues you need a hand with (although I must warn you that despite holding post-graduate degrees and that sort of crap, I'm not really all that bright).

Regarding tubes, gear, parts, etc. figure on 65-70% eBay value.

Peace,
DrRick

Doug, Geek and Josh:

Vinny Gallo was one of my later audio and aesthetics mentors (the man has brilliant taste-except for his obsession with brown stuff, such as Ronald Ray-Gun and his brown suits). Vincent's (I know he prefers "Vincent" but I always think of him as "Vinny", which is also my Dad's and older brother's name) mentoring was subsequent to the very kind encouragement and mentoring I received from a bunch of audio engineers at "The Box" (Bell Labs/Holmdel); EE school and MBA school fell in between the Labs guys and Vincent. Sorry, I'm slipping into "topic drift" here.
Vincent sold me on the virtues of SE stuff a couple of decades ago. Once I was "converted", I started outbidding our Asian brothers (primarily Japanese in the 80's & 90's) and most everyone else on anything triode/audio related. I mention our Asian Audio brothers only because they saw (heard) the light long before we in the west did and they somewhat made the market in audio power triodes for many years. I have on old magazine ad from Barry Electronics from the late 60's offering an "Audio Special": pairs of NOS WE 300B's for $9.95 per pair! At that time I recall paying about $40-45 for a matched pair of Golden Lion KT-88's; not NOS, just "new".
I searched relentlessly and I bought everything I could find. I get a great deal of joy from collecting (i.e.: "******* away $") and have accumulated enough tube audio goodies for several lifetimes worth of design/building, restoring and repairing gear.

These days I'm approaching my dream: I retired at 50, 5 years later then I'd hoped but a brain tumor distorted my personal PERT chart. Once I downsize my collection (ever see the movie "Marathon Man"? just substitute "Will you sell off some of your collection" for "Is it safe?") and replace my house with a (relatively) modest 1800SF home with a 12' deep basement and a 1500-2000SF outbuilding (The Lab), I'll be in a position where all my living expenses (and a Porsche payment) will be covered without having to get out of bed in the (mid) morning. I can then really start building stuff!
Of course, I'll probably be hit by lightning the moment I achieve all of the above-LOL.

Diatribe Off. ':xeye:'

Doug: just let me know what you need as to types, quantity, envelope style (globe, ST,etc.) and your shipping address and I'll get back to you.

Geek: I'm way too overwhelmed by the shear bulk of my collection to have a list. Every time I start to do an inventory I walk out after a hour or two, get in my car and go to Barnes and Noble or the beach. Perhaps you can devise a "want list? GREAT web site, BTW! ':D' And thanks, I'll check out ebid.net.

Josh, I've got bushels of great audio pentodes. Please send me a want list. I simply don't have the focus or intellectual horsepower to do an inventory, plus I'm basically lazy-I somewhat shine with strategic issues, but I suck when it comes to tactical issues. ':cool:'
Sorry about the diatribe.:D
Peace,
DrRick

Hi DrRick,

DrRick said:
Geek: I'm way too overwhelmed by the shear bulk of my collection to have a list. Every time I start to do an inventory I walk out after a hour or two, get in my car and go to Barnes and Noble or the beach. Perhaps you can devise a "want list? GREAT web site, BTW! ':D' And thanks, I'll check out ebid.net.

Thanks much! :)

My wishlist? Easy - EVERYTHING! :clown:

My immediate need list: 6EJ7/EF184, large bottle dual dissimilar vertical deflection triodes (the non-EL84 sized 6EW7, 6FD7, etc.)....

My soon-to-need list: EL36/6CM5 (PL36 fine too), 6CW5/EL86, 6AH4GT....

I'll jot them down as I think of them.

Cheers!

Mr. Geek (LOL),
Yes, yes, yes and yes.
Keep 'em comming

And hey y'all, please forgive me if it takes a few days to respond; I'm thrilled to have gotten a ton of responces! This is sooooo much more fufilling then yukBay! As I've previously whined, I'd like to contribute to world peace and love (sorry if that sounds corny, but I do say it with sincerety) through DIY tube audio.

Thus far, I have everything everyone's asked for except WE 300B's (in fact I need one-I'll get the build date code off the one I have and note it here in the hopes of getting another from around the same time of production) and I'll trade in a manor so disproportionate it'll bring tears of joy to the eyes of whomever wants to trade one to me! I have one nicely matched quad of early WE 300A's that I'm keeping for my pair of WE 86 clones project or for the sockets I'll have installed in my casket, which ever comes first-the smart money's on the casket, although I do have a pair of original WE output and power xformers for the project (anyone know of any trashed 86 chassis?
I'm a bit low on real (i.e.: Gold Lion, MO, Genelec) KT88's ; I had to sacrifice about a dozen NOS Gold Lion quads to the brain tumor gods a few years back. I will try to provide a quad to whomever it was that asked; I have a pair of Mc275's, 3 pairs of Mc60's and a Citation II that look so nice with G/L or MO KT88's in them. While no one has asked for real KT66's, I do have a few quads I can spare.

Please note that when I use the term "real" what it means to me is tubes produced back in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's & 60's by the companies that developed them; i.e.: Mullard, Genelec, Amperex, Telefunken, RCA, Bendix, GE, Raytheon, Tungsol, bla, bla, bla. I have no repros, fugazies (relabeled fakes) nor any of the not-so-bad most current crop of repros. Just old stuff from before I became old (of body, I'm still waiting to feel like a full-blown adult).

Peace, Y'all

Geek said:
Hi DrRick,

Thanks much! :)

My wishlist? Easy - EVERYTHING! :clown:

My immediate need list: 6EJ7/EF184, large bottle dual dissimilar vertical deflection triodes (the non-EL84 sized 6EW7, 6FD7, etc.)....

My soon-to-need list: EL36/6CM5 (PL36 fine too), 6CW5/EL86, 6AH4GT....

I'll jot them down as I think of them.

Cheers!

Hi DrRick.

Lemmie see... Looking at my projects list, I'd be interested if you had any of:

- EC8010. (I think I could need quite a few of these...)
- Philips E88CC
- Philips E83CC

I also need to think about sourcing some good sounding caps too (for both tube & SS projects). So if you have any of the decent sounding types (e.g. Siemens/Epcos/Sikorel, Rubycon, etc.), let me know. (Would especially be interested in the Siemen's oil type MKV B25839, but I suspect I'm pipe-dreaming on that score)

Books-wise; anything that's related to specifically Audio electronics design (e.g. some of Norman Crowhurst's stuff)

I wouldn't mind a niceish quad of KT88's :) I don't suppose you have one kicking around that you don't need? KT66's are cool but they aren't much cheaper on eBay... I don't mind if they're used as I'm usually quite low on cash... Thanks! If you do, I'll send you my details etc... you take paypal?

Hey Everyone:
Please forgive my lack of promptness in replying to your emails. My little brother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away recently. He went to sleep one night and never awoke. The medical examiner's report referred to the autopsy as "inconclusive", whatever the hell that means. My former partner from the FBI is conducting an investigation on my behalf.

I'm really happy about all the responses and I promise to get back to everyone shortly. As you might imagen, I'm quite distracted at the moment.

Peace,
DrRick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.