• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

0.53x Karlsonator Cabinets and Drivers

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
In case anyone is looking for a nicely built 0.53x Karlsonator in BB plywood with removable back and removable front baffle for interchangeable drivers, Jhofland has several available that he will let go for cost of materials plus shipping. These are the same as the one main pair I have been using for years. Drivers known to work well in them are also available at discount (new and unused condition). This is one of the most popular speaker projects on DIYA with hundreds of satisfied builders. You can now own a set made in Baltic birch ply by a master craftsman.

5 cabinets available (with cutouts for 3FE25-16 already pre-installed and ready to run, three with blank baffle to be cut by user). Purchase of cabinets includes binding post cups. Dayton 260-283. Melamine sponges also included with person who buys first pair of cabinets.

Ready to run cabinet with 3FE25-16 installed are $145 a pair.

3 Cabinets with blank baffle boards are $120 for all 3.

Drivers you can choose to get with cabinets:

2 Dayton PA130-8 still in box ($25 for set of 2)

4 3FE25 16 ohm unused ($60 for set of 4)

4 TC9FD 8 ohm unused ($40 for set of 4)

All cabinets in bare wood for your finish to be applied.

IMG_1892.jpeg

Cabinets expertly made with internal ledgers and use square head drive screws to hold K aperture in front and rear panel on back for access to drivers and stuffing / padding placement.

Shipping from Washington State or local pickup. First come first served. Please contact @jhofland via PM for interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am the one who purchased these speakers I was also impressed with the obvious quality. They are also something that was suggested when I asked for suggestions for using my collection of Coral holey baskets. I am looking forward to comparing the holey baskets to the 3FE25 drivers.

I am the one who purchased these speakers I was also impressed with the obvious quality. They are also something that was suggested when I asked for suggestions for using my collection of Coral holey baskets. I am looking forward to comparing the holey baskets to the 3FE25 drivers.
Awesome! Look forward to seeing your builds. Its great that this site is an excellent place for inexpensive audio. Ebay and usaudiomart seem to only have expensive items these days.