0.47ohm 1 and 2 watt resistors (non-inductive)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a good source of these? I've searched ebay and cannot find anything with this low resistance (can't find any other values close either like 0.5ohm) and low wattage rating.

I know mouser has some nice ones (xicon metal film) but the cost of shipping only a few resistors (around 40-50) is pretty expensive.

I'm in Australia and cannot find any local or online stores that have these resistors.

Wagner have some 2 watt fusible resistors, but I don't want those.

I also know that I could just parallel 2 1/2w 1 ohm resistors together, but I have limited space and don't really want to have to double up in all the areas that I need them.

Even if someone was willing to send around 40-50 of them to me, i'd obviously pay for the cost of the items, plus shipping and a little extra for the hassles.

Thanks.

mangrovejack said:
I know mouser has some nice ones (xicon metal film) but the cost of shipping only a few resistors (around 40-50) is pretty expensive.

Mouser is *very* international friendly. There is a $12USD shipping option for small international orders. RS or Farnell in Australia will charge you $10AUD for shipping a small order. Only a few dollars different.

And what about the prices? For example - RS charges $55 AUD for 400g of 60/40 stick solder, while Mouser asks $11 USD for a 450g bar!!! Ouch! In general, RS and Farnell are 2 to 3 times more expensive than Mouser or Digikey for like items.

Maybe order a few extra things you know you will need from Mouser?

Hmmm, I always thought mouser and digikey had absurd shippings costs to Australia. But at only $12 for up to 4 pounds, that's pretty good.

So I've just purchased the resistors I needed from them. There is a price break at quantities of 100, and since it was only 40c more to get 100 instead of 50, I went with that.

I also ordered some other resistors, but unfortunately some didn't have the quantity that I required and were placed on backorder. Does anyone know what that means in terms of shipping etc? Do they ship it now, or do they wait until the backordered items are available too? I'd hate to be charged a second lot of $12 just to ship 18 resistors!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.